I love warm meals during cold months. This ground beef stroganoff is one of our family favorites. Add a dollop of sour cream and enjoy.
- 5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 5 cups boiling water
- ½ teaspoon onion powder, or to taste, divided (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion, or to taste (Optional)
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste (Optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package egg noodles, or more to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ white onion, chopped
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, or more as needed
Dissolve bouillon in the boiling water in a large bowl; pour a portion of the broth into another pot for boiling the noodles.
Bring the broth in the pot to a boil and add onion powder, dried onion, and garlic powder. Add egg noodles; bring back to a boil. Cook until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain. Stir in frozen peas and cover.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Add remaining onion powder and pepper. Stir in flour and mix well, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the reserved broth. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring to avoid clumps, until beef sauce is thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
Serve meat sauce over a plate of noodles.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 23 mins
Total time: 33 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 servings