Easy to make, delicious hamburger recipe. The egg noodles instead of the traditional pasta make for a tastier substitute.
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces processed cheese (such as Velveeta®)
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook egg noodles at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 6 minutes. Drain.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ground beef, seasoning with salt and pepper, until no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Drain; reserve drippings in the skillet.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour chicken broth, chicken soup, sour cream, cheese, rosemary, and thyme into the skillet. Cook and stir, seasoning with salt and pepper, until well combined and the cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the egg noodles and ground beef; cook until evenly mixed, 3 to 5 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 22 mins
Total time: 32 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings