An Old Bay® recipe developed for my salmon-loving wife, and enjoyed by the whole family.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package savory herb-seasoned stuffing mix (such as Stove Top®), crushed
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning (such as
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 (14 ounce) cans salmon, drained and flaked
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and lightly sweat, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion to a bowl, reserving drippings in the pan.
Add stuffing mix, butter, eggs, seafood seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, and coriander to the onion and mix well. Mix in salmon until well combined. Form mixture into 8 equal-sized patties (I use an old egg ring; works great).
Heat the same skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in the hot pan until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Servings: 8 – Yield: 8 patties