Nothing fancy here, just a tasty, quick-and-easy weeknight meal for two.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 medium onion, vertically sliced
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup beef broth, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, undrained
- ½ pound all-beef franks, cut into 1-inch slices
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Whisk tomato sauce, 1/2 cup beef broth, flour, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha, sugar, chili powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Add to the onions and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to thicken, about 2 minutes.
Stir in kidney beans and franks. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until franks are heated through, 8 to 10 minutes, adding more beef broth if it becomes too thick.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Servings: 2 – Yield: 2 servings