This is a delicious, smoky, slow cooker dish that is easy to make, and it doesn’t require a BBQ grill or smoker. My husband and I love this dish and enjoy it on freshly baked or toasted onion rolls but really any bun is fine. I serve it with fries and sometimes coleslaw. Enjoy.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon barbeque seasoning, or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mesquite-flavored liquid smoke (Optional)
Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray.
Season chicken with smoked paprika, seasoning salt, barbecue seasoning, and pepper; place in the slow cooker.
Mix barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a small bowl. Pour over chicken, making sure chicken is completely covered.
Cover and cook until meat can be shredded with a fork, about 6 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
Remove chicken and pull. Return to the cooker and mix well with the barbecue sauce.
Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: 4 hrs
Total time: 4 hrs 25 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings