Roasted veggies and savory halloumi cheese bake up on a sheet pan in less than 20 minutes for a no-fuss, little-mess, delicious dinner for two. This uses ground turmeric and za’atar for a flavorful and earthy twist. Serve with harissa paste and flatbread, if desired.
- 14 ounces butternut squash, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, sliced into 6 slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 6 large radishes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges and layers separated
- 14 large black olives
- 1 serrano chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons za’atar
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon dried mint
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine butternut squash, halloumi, bell pepper, radish halves, red onion, black olives, and serrano in a large bowl. Sprinkle za’atar, turmeric, and dried mint over the vegetables; mix to coat. Drizzle oil over everything and toss to combine. Spread out vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Roast in the preheated oven until the halloumi is brown and bubbly and the vegetables have softened and browned, about 18 minutes.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Servings: 2 – Yield: 2 servings