An easy sheet pan dinner, full of flavor that can be easily customized to your tastes. The secret is roasting at a high temperature, allowing the water to steam out, leaving all that concentrated, yummy flavor.
- 4 (5 ounce) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 (3.5 ounce) link Italian sausage, sliced
- 3 large shallots, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage, or to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
Clean and trim fat from chicken. Pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large bowl with Brussels sprouts, wine, sausage, shallots, lemon slices, garlic, oil, rosemary, fennel seeds, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Toss together with your hands and allow to marinate at room temperature, tossing occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.
Pour chicken and vegetable mixture onto the prepared baking pan. Arrange thighs, skin-side up, over mixture.
Roast in the preheated oven until thighs are browned, crispy, and no longer pink in the centers, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 1 hr 20 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 servings