Cheddar cheese and parsley add to the color and taste of these flavorful patties. My neighbor tried them and has been passing around the recipe ever since!
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour for coating
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Combine salmon, onion, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, cheese and parsley; mix well. Shape into four patties. Dust lightly with flour. Chill for 20 minutes.
In a large skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the patties until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Drain briefly on paper towels before serving.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 patties