This is a recipe I came up with after trying so many crab cake recipes. I think it is fantastic, and the sauce complements the fried crab cakes. Enjoy! I’m sure you will make this recipe again and again.
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ pound cooked lump crabmeat, drained
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Mix 1/3 cup panko, egg, parsley, mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, and mustard together in a medium bowl. Gently fold in crabmeat. Form into 4 patties and coat with remaining panko.
Heat coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry patties until crispy, flipping once, about 12 minutes total.
While patties cook, prepare the sauce: Combine mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth.
Serve crab cakes with sauce on the side.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Servings: 2 – Yield: 4 crab cakes