This recipe is bursting with flavor! It is fresh and spicy, and did I mention easy? This is the closest thing to restaurant style salsa you will find. The jalapenos and hot pepper sauce (e.g., Tabasco) add spice to the mix and the cilantro, lime juice, and green onions create freshness.
- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 10 green onions
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a blender or food processor, pulse the tomatoes, green onions, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro to desired consistency. Transfer to a bowl, and mix in the lime juice, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: –
Total time: 15 mins
Servings: 16 – Yield: 16 servings