Spicy and crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. Serve these cauliflower wings with a vegan ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups almond milk, or as needed
- ½ cup bread crumbs, or as needed (Optional)
- 2 ounces vegan margarine (such as Earth Balance®)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Mix flour, paprika, salt, and pepper together. Add enough almond milk to create a slightly thick, soupy texture.
Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip cauliflower pieces one at a time into the batter, then roll in bread crumbs. Place on the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven until starting to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
While ‘wings’ are baking, melt margarine and whisk together with hot sauce.
Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Dip ‘wings’ into the sauce and place back on the cookie sheet; continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings