Frozen riced cauliflower is a healthy convenience item that I like to use. I usually have some in the freezer for all kinds of side dishes. It even works in this easy, fresh, chopped salad, too. Once all your veggies are prepared, toss them in a bowl and stir up the tasty dressing, and you’re done! Leave out the maple syrup, if you want to be sugar-free.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen riced cauliflower, thawed and drained
- ⅔ cup diced fresh tomato
- ⅔ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped slivered almonds
- 1 lime, zested and juiced, divided
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste (Optional)
Combine riced cauliflower, tomato, cucumber, carrots, celery, onion, cilantro, almonds, and lime zest in a large bowl.
Stir together lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: –
Total time: 20 mins
Servings: 8 – Yield: 8 servings