This pasta can be eaten any time but is best for Halloween. Very tasty and no need for sauce.
- 2 cups Halloween-shaped pasta
- 2 cups wagon wheel-shaped pasta
- 2 ½ cups peeled chopped pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook Halloween-shaped and wagon wheel-shaped pasta in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and transfer pasta to a large bowl.
Place pumpkin in a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return pumpkin to pot. Add nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon garlic, onion, chili powder, and 3 tablespoons olive oil; stir to coat.
Toss olives and garbanzo beans into cooked pasta. Add 1/4 cup garlic, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup olive oil, and oregano. Toss to coat; top with pumpkin mixture.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Servings: 8 – Yield: –