The next time you need a vegan dish, or a veggie side, try this tasty combination of frozen riced cauliflower, a medley of veggies, and a variety of spices. It contains lots of antioxidants, and not too many carbs! It works as a vegan main dish with the addition of a salad and some naan. It also works as a sub for rice with almost any type of meat. Bonus: Lefties are great, too!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup French-cut green beans
- ½ cup diced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 pound frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds (Optional)
- 1 pinch chopped fresh parsley, or to taste (Optional)
Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion to the hot oil and saute for about 1 minute. Add carrots, green beans, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir riced cauliflower, garlic, turmeric, paprika, curry powder, salt, and pepper into the skillet. Continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until vegetables reach desired texture, about 5 minutes.
Serve warm garnished with almonds and parsley.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings