A delicious combination of leftover turkey, veggies, and noodles. I usually double the topping ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ cups milk
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups cubed leftover cooked turkey
- 1 cup peas
- ½ (8 ounce) package egg noodles, or more to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms, onion, and celery until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture and stir to coat.
Mix milk, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and nutmeg into mushroom mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until cream cheese is melted and sauce is warmed, 5 to 10 minutes. Add turkey and peas to sauce.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain and mix noodles into turkey mixture; pour into the prepared baking dish.
Combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and 3 tablespoons melted butter together in a bowl until crumbly; sprinkle over noodle mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven until top is browned and sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings