This recipe makes traditional crab cakes. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning™
- 2 tablespoons biscuit baking mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
™ seasoning, baking mix, and parsley in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir mayonnaise, mustard, egg, and Worcestershire sauce into dry ingredients. Mix in crab meat gently. Form mixture into 6 to 8 balls.
Heat 1 inch oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place balls in pan, and flatten slightly with a spatula. Flip the crab cakes over after 3 minutes, or when the crab cake is browned on one side. Continue frying until done. Drain on paper towels.
Preparation time: 9 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Servings: 8 – Yield: 6 to 8 crab cakes