This casserole makes a great on-the-go breakfast. Just cut into squares and serve them hot or cold. They’re also good packed for lunch or for a mid-day snack.
- 1 (8 ounce) package bulk pork sausage
- ½ (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Cook sausage in a skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain. Add Neufchatel cheese and cook and stir until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
Unroll crescent rolls and place 1/2 of the rolls into an 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Make sure to press seams together. Top with sausage-Neufchatel cheese mixture and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining crescent rolls.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into 8 squares.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 servings