This carrot and chickpea salad recipe was given to me by a neighbor many years ago. It’s a refreshing and different spin on a carrot salad.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth. Add carrots, chickpeas, parsley, and onion; toss to coat.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: –
Total time: 15 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: –