This is a small batch recipe making just three crab cakes in an air fryer, but can be doubled easily. The seasoning is a starting point and can be adjusted as needed.
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper (Optional)
- 4 ounces fresh lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons remoulade sauce, or to taste
- 3 brioche slider buns (Optional)
Preheat an air fryer to 370 degrees F (188 degrees C) according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Mix bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire, mustard, Cajun seasoning, salt, cayenne, and pepper together in a small mixing bowl. Fold in crabmeat gently.
Form into 3 equal-size crab cakes using a biscuit cutter. Place cakes on a parchment round and transfer to the air fryer basket.
Cook in the preheated air fryer for 6 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until browned, about 6 minutes more. Serve with remoulade sauce on slider buns.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Servings: 3 – Yield: 3 crab cakes