This is a very tasty and easy vegetarian pasta dish. It takes minimal time to prepare and has amazing flavor! It’s also great served with brown rice!
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 ½ cups chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Reduce heat, and mix in spinach, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir in the black beans and broccoli. Continue to cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes.
Stir the tomatoes into the saucepan, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. Serve over the cooked pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Servings: 8 – Yield: 8 servings