Feel free to get creative! Add celery, jalapenos, or other ingredients. You can also use chopped shrimp in this recipe for shrimp cakes.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay™
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red pepper
- 2 teaspoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup almond flour
Grease a baking sheet.
Whisk together egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, and black pepper in a bowl.
Place crab meat in a separate bowl and pour egg and mayonnaise mixture in; gently combine with hands. Mix in 1/4 cup almond flour, peppers, green onions, and parsley.
Form mixture into 6 patties. Place 1/3 cup almond flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge each cake in almond flour and set on prepared sheet pan; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Bake crab cakes in the oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hr 35 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings