Ultimate comfort food that includes egg noodles, cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, and ground beef. Very rich, creamy, and totally satisfying on a chilly night. Super easy and fast for the working mom! My husband and sons always ask for seconds! Serve with garlic bread or bread and butter.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder (Optional)
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ½ cup milk, plus more to taste
- 1 (11 ounce) can diced carrots
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large dish.
Season ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add seasoned beef; cook and stir until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, and milk; cook and stir until cream cheese melts and mixture is saucy, about 6 minutes.
Pour mixture over noodles. Add carrots; stir until evenly combined.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings