One of our local surf shops has a killer cafe that sells the most delicious vegetarian salads. This is inspired by a few of the ones I’ve eaten there. With the cranberries and Brussels sprouts, and a sweet ginger and Dijon dressing, it would be a nice salad option during the holidays. Perfect for using up any leftover grains, roasted or raw veggies, any type of cheese, dried fruits, or nuts. Serve it in one big bowl at the table, or divvy it up into meal-prep containers for weekday lunches.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon water, or to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 ½ cups chopped, trimmed fresh Brussels sprouts
- 7 ounces cubed Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
Combine Dijon mustard, cider vinegar, olive oil, agave, garlic, ginger, and salt for dressing in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Add water and whisk until dressing is desired consistency.
Combine arugula, rice, Brussels sprouts, Cheddar cheese, and cranberries in a serving bowl. Add dressing and toss until evenly distributed. Top with avocados and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: –
Total time: 20 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings