This is a clone of the large salmon patties served at my favorite restaurants. I always ask them to put cheese sauce on mine.
- 2 (14.75 ounce) cans salmon, drained and bones removed
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (Optional)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons shortening (such as Crisco®)
Mix salmon, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, flour, dill, basil, garlic salt, and onion powder together in a bowl; form into 5 large patties.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt shortening in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; fry patties until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer patties to a baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven until patties are cooked through, about 20 more minutes.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Servings: 5 – Yield: 5 servings