Fresh chestnuts and Brussels sprouts roasted with shallots, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- 20 roasted chestnuts, shelled
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Arrange chestnuts and Brussels sprouts in a baking dish (see Cook’s Notes). Sprinkle shallots over chestnuts and Brussels sprouts and season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle brown sugar over mixture and dot with butter.
Roast in the preheated oven, stirring twice, until browned and crispy, about 40 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Servings: 3 – Yield: 3 servings