A quick and tasty dinner main dish. The cheesy vodka sauce goes with the the tender gnocchi and sausage.
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 (24 ounce) jar vodka marinara sauce (such as Safeway® Signature Select™)
- 4 ounces tomato juice, or as needed
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 17 ½ ounces potato gnocchi (such as De Cecco® No. 401)
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage and onion in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in vodka sauce and enough tomato juice until you reached a desired consistency. Stir in mozzarella cheese and spinach.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float to the top, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain.
Transfer gnocchi to a plate, cover with sauce, and serve.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 servings