This is an amazing gluten-free muffin recipe that can be adapted to almost any fresh berry or chopped fruit. The streusel topping sinks into the muffin as it bakes, giving it a lovely cobbler effect. Living gluten-free doesn’t mean deprivation! Enjoy!
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups pitted and chopped fresh cherries (including any juice from chopping)
- ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk milk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract together in a separate bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; pour in milk mixture. Stir until batter is just blended and slightly lumpy; gently fold in cherries and cherry juice. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
Mix oats, brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, and butter together in a bowl until crumbly; sprinkle oat mixture over batter.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Servings: 24 – Yield: 2 dozen muffins