Simple and tasty pan-fried salmon cakes for one (or two small eaters)! Just salmon, egg, onion, and a few staples. Mix it all up, shape into patties, and you are ready to go! Great with macaroni and cheese.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 8 crackers, crushed, or more to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Mix onion, salmon, crackers, egg, butter, lemon juice, and black pepper together in a bowl; form into 4 patties.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties in the hot oil until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Servings: 1 – Yield: 1 serving