In the fall these apple fritters have become a tradition in my family. I make them with fresh-picked apples and they always make breakfast and snack time a tasty treat. These are best eaten fresh and warm. Dust with powdered sugar or cinnamon-sugar.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium apples – peeled, cored, and chopped, or more to taste
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 quart oil for frying, or as needed
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl; stir to blend. Stir in apples, milk, and egg.
Fill a deep-fryer or Dutch oven half full with oil and heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Working in batches if necessary, drop tablespoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Servings: 10 – Yield: 10 servings