Tasty rice dish with ground beef, tomatoes, corn, and green bell peppers. Great on its own or wrapped in a warm tortilla.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package (1 ounce each) mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Place the ground beef, onion, garlic, and green bell pepper in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook until beef is evenly brown. Drain grease.
Mix rice, broth, water, bouillon, tomatoes, and corn into the saucepan. Season with pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes. Top with mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses to serve.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Servings: 8 – Yield: 8 servings