This rich, delicious, and easy-to-make appetizer can be served warm or cool. I sometimes use grated low-fat cheese and find that it is just as tasty and less greasy. Dried parsley works, too.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (reserve marinade)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 14 saltine crackers, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (Optional)
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Heat 3 tablespoons of the reserved marinade from the artichoke hearts in a large skillet. Cook and stir green onions in hot marinade until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir green onions, artichokes, eggs, Cheddar cheese, crackers, parsley, garlic, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper together in a mixing bowl; pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven until center is puffy and no longer moist, about 40 minutes; cool slightly before cutting into squares.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Servings: 12 – Yield: 12 servings