This is a great, hearty recipe–a family favorite. Serve over rice or noodles.
- 1 ½ pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups drained pineapple chunks
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir sausage, onion, and bell pepper in the hot skillet until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Whisk apricot preserves, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger in a small bowl; stir mixture into sausage mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add pineapple chunks and tomatoes. Continue to cook and stir until heated through, about 10 minutes more.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings