Simple, one-dish, roasted red cabbage meal is ready in about 30 minutes, and is a great way to use up wayward veggies. Make the recipe your own by substituting favorite or seasonal vegetables any time of year.
- 1 pound peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 pound pork sausage, sliced
- ½ pound peeled and sliced carrots
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a roasting pan or large baking dish with aluminum foil.
Add squash, sausage, carrots, cabbage, and onion to the prepared pan. Toss with garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence.
Roast in the preheated oven until vegetables are tender and sausage is browned, about 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 servings