This is a delicious pot roast with peppers and onions. Just like at the Cuban restaurants in the malls!
- 1 (2 pound) beef chuck pot roast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into large wedges
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into large wedges
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- ½ (6 ounce) can tomato paste, or to taste
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Pierce the beef roast to tenderize it and let the flavors in, and place it into a slow cooker with the garlic, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, yellow onions and sweet onions. Stir in the tomato paste and red wine vinegar. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, seasoned salt, salt, and ground black pepper.
Cover, and cook on Low until the beef is tender, 7 to 8 hours. Remove beef, and shred into long strands using two forks. Return the meat to the slow cooker and combine with the vegetables.
Cook on Low until the meat and vegetables are very tender, about 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 7 hrs 30 mins
Total time: 7 hrs 45 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings