Cauliflower is first roasted over high heat with brown butter and salt before being tossed with Pecorino Romano cheese, red onions, mint, and lemon juice.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 10 leaves fresh mint, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, whisking to ensure it doesn’t burn, until light brown and nutty-smelling. Remove from heat.
Toss cauliflower florets with the brown butter and salt until well combined. Transfer to a baking sheet.
Roast in the preheated oven until just tender, about 15 minutes. Remove and toss hot cauliflower with red onion, Pecorino Romano cheese, and mint. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with more salt to taste.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 servings