I first had this over 13 years ago when my son was born. My brother, who is great cook, gave me this recipe. It is an easy dish that can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and mushrooms. Drain grease. Mix in garlic salt, ground black pepper, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes.
In a greased 2 quart casserole dish, layer half of the cooked egg noodles, then half of the sauce mixture, followed by half of the grated cheese. Repeat.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree (190 degree C) oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
Preparation time: –
Cook time: –
Total time: –
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 to 5 servings