Moist, flavorful chicken with potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms cooked on the grill in foil packs, makes clean-up a breeze!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
Stir together the vegetable oil, cider vinegar, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, basil, and thyme in a bowl; set aside.
Lay out 4 12×12 inch squares of aluminum foil. Place 1 chicken breast in the center of each square, top with potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Ladle 1/4 of the sauce on each and fold the foil around the ingredients to form four sealed packets.
Grill the packets on the preheated grill for 30 to 40 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken breasts reaches 170 degrees F (75 degrees C).
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 servings