When I moved to Oklahoma, I discovered a pizza called “chicken bacon ranch” and this pasta salad is a nod to the flavors in the pizza. If desired, marinate chicken in ranch dressing, and grill chicken to bump up the flavor.
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 ounces cubed, cooked chicken
- 2 ½ ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
- ⅓ cup chopped cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in tortellini and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini float to the top and the filling is hot, about 3 minutes. Run tortellini under cold water and drain. Store in the refrigerator until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
Stir ranch dressing and milk together in a large bowl. Add chilled pasta, cooked chicken, mozzarella, bacon, green onions, and parsley.
Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Servings: 4 – Yield: 4 servings