If you like avocado, you’ll love this great new recipe idea featuring three of our favorite things – bacon, avocado, and eggs.
- Cooking spray
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 slices Pure Farmland® Uncured Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- ½ teaspoon Hot sauce of choice, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray baking sheet or glass baking pan with cooking spray.
Scoop about an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons out of avocados to create a well for eggs.
Place avocados flesh-side up on prepared baking sheet or glass pan.
Gently crack 1 egg into each avocado well, making sure to keep yolk intact. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until eggs are desired temperature.
Top with crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese, and chopped chives. Garnish with paprika and hot sauce.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Servings: 2 – Yield: 2 servings