Delicious addition to any menu. Don’t be scared of the name. I hate cottage cheese but love these.
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups cottage cheese
- 1 ½ cups quick rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ (Optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Beat eggs into a large bowl. Stir in cottage cheese, rolled oats, wheat germ, dry onion soup mix, and dried thyme. Form into 8 patties.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place patties in oil, and brown on both sides. Remove patties to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Pour condensed soup into a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 can of water (or milk) to dilute, then pour over patties.
Bake in a preheated oven until the soup is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Servings: 8 – Yield: 8 servings