Sweet and moist Mexican corn bread. This is how it’s made in Mexican homes and served as an appetizer or dessert.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (such as La Lechera®)
- ½ cup white sugar (Optional)
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 ½ cups cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease and flour a 2-quart baking dish.
Whisk sweetened condensed milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir in whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, and butter.
Whisk cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; stir cornmeal mixture into the corn mixture.
Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Servings: 12 – Yield: 1 pan of corn bread