Quick and easy, creamy lemon-shrimp spaghetti with a great basil taste.
- ¾ (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper; add to the pan and cook 30 seconds per side. Remove to a plate.
Add shallots to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, lemon zest, and 1/2 of the lemon juice; heat for 2 minutes. Reserve remaining lemon juice for another use.
Add cream and bring to a simmer. Return shrimp to the skillet and cook until heated through and pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Add basil.
Drain spaghetti, reserving 1/4 to 1/2 cup pasta water.
Add spaghetti to the skillet. Add pasta water as needed and pepper flakes; toss to coat. Season with pepper if desired.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Servings: 6 – Yield: 6 servings